Hotels and Resorts
BetaWest has extensive experience developing and implementing real estate strategies for hotel and resort properties. With a wide range of experience in everything from the select service category to luxury resorts, we have overseen brands such as Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Kimpton, Joie de Vivre, and independent brands.
- Conducting a detailed analysis on operating and financial performance
- Assist with developing and implementing action plans to address critical issues impacting value
- Assist with negotiating key agreements with third parties
- Overseeing operations for new or partially complete development projects
The first step in improving bottom-line performance for our clients is assessing and potentially overseeing all aspects of hotel operations. Our detailed assessment helps to identify opportunities for improvement in revenue and expense areas, as well as brand effectiveness.
Additional areas of review include:
- Staff capabilities and efficiency
- Labor issues
- Management controls
- PIP or other capital expenditure plans
- Departmental expenses and profit margins
Our experience with various hospitality management companies allows us to bring a high level of knowledge and background to any hotel investment. This unique perspective provides BetaWest the opportunity to:
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses within a management organization, and suggest actions for improvement
- Identify expertise and capabilities among the leadership team
- Evaluate data systems a company employs to manage various departments (sales, reservations, procurement, information technology)
- Track corporate shared expenses among related entities to ensure proper allocation for specific properties
Making the proper decision for a management company, franchise affiliation or independent relationship can mean the difference between creating and destroying value. Our extensive experience in this arena—with keen understanding of key issues and economic terms—allows us to guide you in the right direction in order to maximize value.